Thursday, October 29, 2009

life with a boy:: part four

when they get sick...

the dealing with it is a
like nothing I've ever seen before in my life.
oh my lands,
the world is coming to an end.
and he may not live to see another day.


I've had to take a lot of deep breaths
and wonder if this is his one ticket to get away with being a total whiney butt.
And I have never seen a more pitifully ridiculous face. {although it was quite gray, credit given there}

And nobody else on the face of the earth has ever had a cold as bad as his
...and I mean nobody.

Not the best pillow + blanket set-up, homemade chicken soup or yellow gatorade in their favorite cup with a straw in it, will ever be just right.


And we may hear about said sickness for 2 weeks following recovery.

However, I MUST say he is so so so appreciative and prompt with his "thank you's" and "you're awesome's"! {total credit given there!}

But we keep on lovin' em anyway.

The End.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why men could NEVER give birth!!!! ;) Cute Post!

Molly said...

Oh my goodness! You hit the nail on the head! So funny. So glad to know it's not only my man:-)

Janie said...

After the recent horse incident here, I totally agree......and with Sara, too.

Searcy Yoder said...

there have never been words more true....

my word verification is "kitin"....weird

Kat said...

I think this post is hilarious!....I agree totally and agree with everyone's comments. Bradfield is not the most sympathetic person in the world and he is NEVER sick...but when he has the slightest headache it's like the world is coming to an end..haha!

oh and that same thing is going through my head...."i think this gives me the right to whine more" :)

Unknown said...

Oh so true, La! Robert is completely unresponsive when he's sick...it's crazy!