Thursday, February 11, 2010

Las Vegas: all the amenities of modern society in a habitat unfit to grow a tomato. -Jason Love


Dear Sin City,
It's been awhile...

Remember that one time I ventured through your parts under age with a gaggle of girls on a cross country road trip? And well, we kinda maybe snuck in to some dive-y, sleezy joints they called casinos, and we may or may not have made out like slot machine bandits?  But, of course that's just between us...

And then there were the other times I came with business and nothin but business on the mind. Well, business and 2,000 people depending on you and me to make their annual meeting as exciting and lively as your gaudy glorious strip.  Well, we did quite alright, I must say.

And there's been a time or two in between...overnight stops between here and yonder.

Well, Vegas, I'm back.

In search of a little sunshine and a lotta fun we'll be gracing you with our presence next week.  Collin will dominate the poker tables in a very serious-but methodical and fun-i should be on poker after dark kinda way and I will play a little blackjack and quarter slots.

Late show tickets to this Fab Four LOVE Fest have us so excited I've almost got Collin convinced we should go ahead and rock a moptop just to pay homage. Also, we were surprised and set up with a treated dinner out thanks to an awesome cuz who has just a few connections ;)

....AND, and, annnddd we're getting to spend most of our time there with a really great couple-friend whose trip to see you was totally a coincidence thanks to a conference you're hosting for she and her Vetty-Doctor-Save the Animals friends there.

But sweet Vegas really, no really....I must thank you most of all for this:

Mon
Feb 15
Sunny
Sunny
66°
44°

Tues
Feb 16
Sunny
Sunny
68°
45°


Wed
Feb 17
Sunny
Sunny
68°

Thurs
Feb 18
Sunny
Sunny
68°
44°

Fri
Feb 19
Sunny
Sunny
66°
45°

hellowarm-ishsunshine!hallelujahthankyoubabyjesus.

See you soon you crazy city, you.

Love,
Laurel

PS: if you don't mind, throw some good luck & glitter on one of those Triple Diamonds or Wild Cherry slotters back in a little corner of NY NY. kay, thanks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This entire post cracked me up:D

Janie said...

You're funny and I'm sooooooo very glad you're going to see the SUNSHINE.

Amy said...

You're a NUT!! Have so mu fun!!

Amy

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS!!!!! Have so much fun and soak up enough sunshine for the both of us! And I hope you come home with a pocket full of cash. Love ya!