Wednesday, September 8, 2010

howwwdeeeeeee!

oh.my.lands.

ever felt like 3 days seems like forever away? 
and you'd do anything for it to get here faster?
uh, yeah.
I'm wondering what I was thinking making crazy plans in the midst of the planned chaos of a huge work event, Hope on Wheels.

So as I begin this paragraph, it looks as if in the midst of my delirium I've decided to write about it all just to confirm to my poor readers and myself that I am indeed...graciously crazy.

I have 8,294 things to do tomorrow
and that times 14 more to do Friday.
Missed my workout this morning
will probably miss it tomorrow morning.
I hate missing, but I hate waking up for it.

Last night, I made myself leave my blackberry in the car while we were out at the bar with friends.
But within an hour I was sitting at the bar making a to-do list that was four pages long.
yes, you can imagine the comments I got from my crowd.

I've made three more lists today.
including one at 2:17am this morning.

My brain is so whacked up, overflowing with information and ultimately mush that I woke up in the middle of the night/morning having an awful nightmare...I was sweating, panting, kind of whining.
not sure what it was about though.
All I can remember dreaming about is that Collin started dating the chick from Lady Antebellum. That's not really nightmare material though!?

I told him about it this morning...he told me that I was ridiculous and if was going to dream about him having an affair, could I please at least dream about hotter girls? funny. 
Now I cant help but think of the promise I made him to not tell anyone about his dream the other night that shook him up so much all that he would tell me were three things about it: the cast of jersey shore, our backyard and popsicles.
Pretend like you didn't read that. I think its hysterical.

For some reason that has yet to be even remotely confirmed as logicial, I agreed to babysit twice tomorrow. 
For two different families.
What in the world was I thinking? Jury is still out. 
Those hugs around my knees and gummy smiles are worth it, no doubt.

I am also, so far removed from what's in front of me and so consumed with the numbers, lists and planning in my head that I wasn't even embarrassed, offended or humiliated when the pharmacist at Walgreens decided to shout to me in front of the other 47 people waiting for prescriptions:
"Laurel Davis, your birth control is ready. Do you have any questions? Probably not since you've been on this same pill for nearly ten years, it looks?"
Wowzers....I'm fine thank you, Ms. NoTactTooLoudGetOutOfMyBizznazzPharmacist

Oh yeah, I have a killer cold/sinus infection too.
I am blaming the ridiculousness of this post on the meds. k? cool.

But...
All of this is to say that it won't even matter when this is before me at 6:00 AM on Saturday:

MPHAT MPRIDERS

hundreds of people.
riding for eachother. for family members, friends and strangers
those struggling with a cancer diagnosis.
and those of us learning to cope with a cancer diagnosis.
riding for Minnie Pearl and her spirit, her legacy and the work of her foundation.

I'm tired. I'm crazy. I'm sick. I'm delerious.
I'm really proud. I'm extremely thankful. I'm touched by emails from participants and survivors every single day. 
Sharing their stories with a stranger; with me.
...for an event that I'm handling every single morsel of a detail of.
...for an event that I'm making possible.

The tired, crazy, sick and delerium
matter no more. 
There are bigger matters out there, bigger than me and bigger than I'll ever be able to grasp.
I'm fortunate to be reminded of them every single day.
...and call it my job.

Thanks Minnie....
MPPIC

2 comments:

Janie said...

This is funny, heartwarming, thought provoking and totally......just you. You are precious!!!

Lauren said...

I just laughed so hard about the dreams. I always have the strangest nightmares when I'm stressed. I quite enjoyed your post, despite your stress! Next time you go out, we'll have to take all pens and any sources of paper away!