the end of my twenties.
the almost thirty.
and I'm so damn ready to keep on keepin on
and rockin
every single second of it.
I absolutely feel
my best
right now.
more than I have in a very long time
...ever, maybe.
I feel like I'm exactly where I need to be,
living this ole life with honesty and kindness
and squeezing every single minute out of each day.
I'm at my best, in my prime
with my career
confidence
individuality
relationships
physical shape
friendships
contentment.
that's huge. i know that.
but it's true, really.
i have literally felt, watched and experienced
full circle situations
happen in my life over the past year
and full circle doesn't mean all sunshines and fairies.
sure the end product mimics such, but the heartbreak, disappointment & bullshit
leads to the
perseverance
that proves the power of a healthier individual, a more honest spirit & clearer heart.
moments that have brought me to my knees, and a few that are still a bit
unbelievable.
but each generate enormous amounts of thanksgiving
from every inch of my soul
on a daily basis.
that is what I know is true. that is what i know is good.
so on tuesday, i had a small dinner party
we walked from my house to an awesome open air joint in my neighborhood
followed by a little porch party
with 8 of my people...
my family here.
it was fun and intimate and special.
drake made everyone go around the table and tell why they are
thankful
for me.
i wasn't ready for it.
at all.
it was too much.
too much.
so honest. so humbling.
hard to accept. but my god, my heart was
overflowing.
heart. spaces. filled.
this is where i'm supposed to be.
in this twenty ninth year.
this is exactly what i'm supposed to be doing.
it's these pictures straight from my phone.
its spending a sunday surprising a girl friend who needed a pick-me-up
with fried chicken, fake krab dip, a case of coronas and a sheet cake
its taking beach trips with 7 friends, spending half the time eating oysters
and the other half at flora-bama acting like we were in college,
watching our best friend sing in front of a sold out 10,000+ plus and hearing nearly half of the audience
sing the words of his song {that we have heard a thousand times},
back to him.
its the thrill of standing at the top of scaffolding at 7am on a Saturday morning
watching the product of my work and asking 1,800 to wave at me
and my camera.
its the hours at a time spent on our porch when i'm silent.
or gut laughing.
or knee deep thoughtful & thoughtless conversations; even those that don't require eye contact.
or gut laughing.
or knee deep thoughtful & thoughtless conversations; even those that don't require eye contact.
its watching a dozen friends pull out a checkered sleeping bag and gather around our fire
in the front yard. in the middle of the city. and feel like we're in a pasture.
at home. hundreds of miles away.
this is it.
it's right.
i'm ready to roll.
bring it on, twenty-nine.
we're gonna be friends, I can tell already.









2 comments:
oYou have filled 28 years with joy and I can hardly wait for the future. Thanks, La.
Thank you for sharing your passion for life with all of we over 70 who still have the passion but less ability to walk all the places we want to walk, gather with friends as often as we would like, road trip and far as we prefer, etc. etc. BUT we are not giving up-cateract surgeries and total knee replacements give us new hope for the future. Happy 29th
Judy Miller
Post a Comment