I can't even believe I left my favorite moment out of the Crimestopper story.
Picture me now kicking myself and feeling like a real failure.
....because how could I EVER leave this part out?
But, now that I've come to grips with the possibility of redemption, I think it may be fitting that this little missed fortune get a post of it's own, after all.
My favorite part of the whole experience
was the congratulatory gift
from my brother.
Josh.
As I mentioned, Mom and Ms. Bonnie came up for a few days for the ceremony...
I later recalled having a short conversation with mom as she was leaving Georgia where she mentioned that she was ready to hit the road, but she was just waiting on Josh to come home, because he had a gift for me that he was sending through her.
I had a sudden pang of curiosity and totally hoped for a handmade wooden Sheriff's badge or something of the like...but that image and daydream was only fleeting, until my mom walked in the door and slammed down a plastic Piggly Wiggly bag on the kitchen table.
For those of you who know my sweet big ole bubby Josh and especially know our relationship
you completely understand how
brilliant and perfect and hilarious
and i'll be damned....LOVING
this gift is.
HA!!
I'll never be able to write enough or detail a 30 year history to explain our yin and yang, our jive, our relationship....but in a nutshell, this gift is a completely perfect and a loving ode to what we share:
Beer: Josh likes yuppie, dark, local, mysterious, can't-find-at-The Pig-kinda beer. He also totally judges my love for Coors Light, Natural Light, et al....(though deep down he appreciates me for it) -- and so for a few years now, when I come home and a beer is requested I often turn down "his" beer and ask for "REAL" beer ;)! The oxymoron is noted, his disappointment in me heightened, and it never gets old.
Home: nothing says The FKL, GA like The Pig. It's the only grocery store within 30+ miles, its a social outlet, an anchor and an absolute and complete culture of its own. A small town jewel.
Our Polor Opposite Personalities: Josh and I could totally be in a psychological study on the strange extremes of two people, siblings, only 3 years apart, with the same upbringing, who are on complete opposite ends of the personality spectrum. I am an extrovert {to a fault} and he is certainly an introvert. {though he's like a jillion times better than he used to be...thanks banjo's and Christina!}
As we've grown into our old age, we've come to an understanding and appreciation for the times that I totally speak for him, over him and on behalf of him {without his permission}....yet, I have also been the one to give him the eye at the dinner table filled with family to say, "it's cool, you can excuse yourself now and not have to talk to any one else".
And he finds complete humor and wonder with the amount of pictures I have in my house that I may or may not be am in, never understanding why I have so many throw pillows, my vocabulary handicaps and the fact that I tend to enter a room and kind of rule it, especially at home.
So the special words about my place in his heart is probably the nicest thing he's ever said to me.
Thanks for the love letter Bub. I know I make you proud!

1 comment:
OUTSTANDING!!! Really funny and true to the last dotted "i" and crossed "t". Just absolutely perfect. And yes, it definitely deserves its own post.
Post a Comment