highlights of the week:
*sunday night cookout at mitch and taylor's. bubba burgers, steak, sausage, chicken and rotel dip; meat, meat, meat, meat and cheese. gotta love it when guy friends offer to cook. our sunday night cookouts are vital to our crew and are truly a great way to start the week.
*I moved my office to the back yard...my chair is a green adorandack and my desk downsized to a lap desk. i charge up the computer battery, put on the SPF, fill up a giant water bottle and it's a great day in the life of ideality, inc.
*I lost the house phone on Monday. paged it. called it. couldn't find it anywhere. I found it this morning in a box of Wheat Thins...nice! obvsiouly, monday when I was moving everything from my outside "office" inside, I let the phone ride in the Wheat Thins. and yes, Andrew trumped every Laffy Taffy joke created and said " I guess you found it beacuse the Wheat Thins were calling you" --- silly, but I laughed for about 5 minutes.
*the "Thank You" emails, awesome "Letters to Editor" (The Tennessean), and gracious phone calls about the Tour de Nash have been simply overwhelming.
*I almost burned my house down trying to toast tacos...luckily the house in still in tact, thanks to my She-Woman guns. I picked up the toaster which was in flames about a foot high, opened my back door and threw the thing about 50 feet into my backyard. Who does that???-- I guess my adrenaline kicked in. I do have a few burns on my hands and arm but at least I've got a house. my landlord was showing the apartment behind our house and asked why our toaster was in the back yard, I told her the story and said, "sorry I have to leave it until Pallie gets home to prove I threw it that far" haha... yeah, Pallie was impressed.
(mind you, i caught my hair on fire making sweet tea last week! seriously.)
*great night at Losers thursday with my long lost friends!! 3 more weeks y'all...promise I'll be back in action.
*wonderful and overdue date night with Jennifer L. Thursday...wine on my front porch, walked to PM; 3 hours, calamari, sushi, bottle of red wine and gnats. perfection. THEN we picked up Libby and hit up Blue Moon Lagoon! THE BEST summer spot in Nashville! live music, beer, lots of laughs and fried pickles with the girls - doesn't get much better than that.
*pool time and face time with my dear dear friend Rhonda...
*sunshine every single day.
*lengthy runs and workouts EVERY DAY this week!
*collin comes this afternoon! yay. we're heading to GA and spending the long weekend with our folks on the farm.
life is good indeed.
make today great.
4 comments:
This makes me smile because it is so 'Laurel'....recognizing and appreciating what is really important, and a great sense of humor about your lack of domesticity (is that the right word?). You are a hoot! I can't wait to be a part of the end of your week.
in the wheat thins? really? oh lord...
I can't wait for the blog directly after my future visit. Missing you terribly...
Quiser
nice post. this is my favorite way to journal, just highlighting the funnies and quirks. thanks for all of the encouragement and prayers - keep it up!
Busy girl! Looks like you are having a great summer! Can't wait till Friday!
Post a Comment