Wednesday, August 12, 2009

tee vee gluttonee

Dear HBO & Showtime,

Where have you been all my life? No really...

I know you were around when we had a giant wire dish the size of a house in our backyard when I was a kid, but you only played forbidden movies we weren't allowed to watch or the same lame ones over & over that were D-List and ten years old. Then in my big girl years, you've been considered a frivolous luxury, completely out of my budget and you cost an additional arm and a leg thanks to the evil people at our monopolistic, fee-sucking, customer hating, bill-hiking cable company called Comcast...but you may not want to get me started.

Boy oh boy I didn't know what I was missing.

In any event, I'm glad we've found each other. That we've reconnected and are friends again.
But listen, we owe it all to AT&T and the new fiber optic lines they've brought to my hood. They are bad to the bone, seriously. In the short seven days you've graced my 52" plasma screen of love, you've brought me nothing less than good cheer and guilty pleasure in the form of two pushes on my remote and big button that says "on demand".

Please, let's just keep it our little secret the number of double digit hours Collin, Falon and I have laid on the couch and through the middle of the night to catch up on Entourage, Nurse Jackie, Hung, Dexter, Weeds and True Blood episodes and well, err...entire seasons.
But I'm not ashamed. You're quality TV, you are.
Thanks to you mister HBO & Showtime channel maker, if I never watch another cable tv, thirty minute sitcom with a politically correct and clean plot line, it'll be two remote pushes too soon.

Faithfully,
Laurel

4 comments:

Mary Tyler S. said...

TRUE BLOOOOD!!! Best trash EVA!!!

Unknown said...

true blood is freakin awesome!! I want to be a vampire now%) You HAVE TO read the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. They are sooo good and really fast reads that truly enhance the show. ENJOY!!

Anonymous said...

This is nonsense... get a life ;) In the land of no cable, you find much more meaningful things to do with your time. I thought you knew better being a farm girl and all.

momx2 said...

All my faves!
In the late hours of the nite, when the kiddos are finally asleep- I indulge;)