Monday, January 25, 2010

sometimes.


sometimes i wonder why growing up is harder and better all the same.

and sometimes i think about how one decision {like where I chose to go to college, or the first job/city i moved for} would change the dynamic of so much of my life.

many times {lately} i've been so acutely aware of and in touch with the goodness around me that i wish i could just freeze it. freeze the thought, the feelings, the situation... just freeze it to keep, remember and relish.

it's about time i stand up to these gloomy skies and frigid temps and dive in to my creative wonderland. to embrace the color, life and art waiting on me, waiting to be.

the time has come and my business is slowly looking up and turning around...i landed a great new opportunity/client i'm proud of.

time and again i realize how important real flowers are..groupings throughout my house. making every room seem awake and alive with a lil splash of okay and happy. 

more times than not over the last few weeks, i've felt like my heart is a little bit bipolar. like it has nowhere to go but to burst out of my chest with goodness yet in the same vigor and a situation later, it only sinks to my feet. ...so much going on. so much good going on, so much hurt goin on. around the world and right here. same, same.

winter time brings out my dear old friends...my cowboy boots. i love those guys i do. they're comfort, their cool, they've got a little story of their own.

sometimes, like today, as i sat in an ER waiting room for hours with a friend, i wonder why in the world hard times fall on decent people...how do we all handle it and survive?

as time passes, i hope i'll never forget the dose of humility and the intimate connection with humanity i experienced last week in new orleans.

but all the time i know that every day is a new one and i am good. we're all alright. really we are.  

what's spending time on your mind these days?

2 comments:

Janie said...

I'm really into your thought pattern, La. What has been on my mind since NOLA is how hard working people who are less educated and less fortunate are taken advantage of by big business, i.e. government, insurance companies, doctors, etc. All the bigwigs should have to walk in the shoes of those folks.

You are wise beyond your years.

Kat said...

i miss you La. I really do.

And I actually have been thinking a lot recently about how my decision of where to go to college and how my life would be different if i had made a different decision. I still wonder about my career. As our family grows and we have so many things we would like to do, I wonder/wish/???/am just curious if I should have chosen a career that could help us financially a little better (becasue I could have...easily)....but at the same time, I feel I can make a difference in people's lives diong what I am now. But I might could live a more comfortable life...??? it's just a thought. But i feel God put me where he wants me, and He will continue to do that.:)