Monday, June 21, 2010

Camp Palms::3

...Because what I've really learned is that no matter how well I try to write or the amount of joy the pictures portray, it's fairly impossible to accurately convey perfection...

I have a ton more pictures I want to share and funny one liners & stories I want to tell...but I'm afraid I'll never be able to stop.  Looking back on this trip and writing this review, I've found my heart aching a little. Aching. Aching in gratefulness and just plain love. 


 Thinking about our conversations around the dinner table and on the porch swing... ...Watching my dad swim in the ocean every morning as he referred to the sea as his old friend, an ode to his Navy days in Vietnam... 
And as I listen to Collin beam with pride as he tells of our trip, the fun we had and his special home at Camp Palms.


 Missing Coley's sweet smile and mile long eyelashes...
...remembering hilarious, honest & hours of talks on the beach with Brett...
And loving of how my mom stayed 4 days longer after I left, when she was supposed to be staying with a friend at the Cape....because she just couldn't leave. 
I get it, I do. 


September can't come soon enough. Collin and I will spend two weeks at Camp Palms and share this special place with a big group of our great friends.  It's hard to imagine that next time will even barely live up to last time. But it does. It always does and always will, I believe.



 So strangerboy, from that Sunday in May to three years today
on one thing we still agree...
It truly is one of the best places on Earth.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Umm...I want to go to Camp Palms NOW!!! I have so enjoyed this three part series. This place is amazing, but the people who gathered there...even more so.

Janie said...

I absolutely agree with everything you have said. I'm just glad I was "in the number". Guess I wouldn't have been if you and 'strangerboy' hadn't shared a love for this amazing place. THANKS!!!!!