Tuesday, August 24, 2010

book nerd confessions

I was late to a kind of important meeting today,
I let my work phone ring through about six phone calls resulting in six missed voicemail messages,
I could literally feel the 20+ emails streaming in for over an hour as I sat in my quiet house, in my favorite corner.
I have belted out "Noooo!" or "Shut Up!!" or "Whaaat?" enough times that Collin doesn't even flinch anymore.
I came home several hours later from said important meeting, plopped on the front porch couch & didn't even kick off my heels 

because I couldn't stop...

reading
     until i finished

this book:
the-girl-who-played-with-fire
{book two in a series of three}

they hype is true y'all. my book genre preferences are the farthest thing from "crime, mystery, suspense, foreign" as this series is noted. but I've never been so enthralled and hooked by any series.
give it a shot. really!  

I've got an SOS out to two friends in town who have the third book and can meet me with it tomorrow. because I can't wait another second to see what is going on.

PS: mom & p....I know you two never thought I'd shut up about it, but I finally found out who Zala is! ;)

2 comments:

Janie said...

We may be reading #3 at the same time......I'm about to start it, too. Thinking about changing all my passwords......how about you?

Laurel said...

mom. you don't even know.
you know how my computer was hacked/spammed/virused over the weekend? well now i'm freaked out. i already changed every single password i've ever had and today when my friend was over here trying to fix it bout couldn't, i jokingly mumbled..."it's that crazy Salendar". (for my own amusement). he died laughing, i didn't know it, but he's read the books!