these little darlins live next door.
they are four years old and identical twins.
with the sweetest names, voices and spirits around.
they love to dig in the dirt and show us every time a flower pops up in the "gawhden" {flower bed}
they broke out their bathing suits and the sprinkler when it was about 10 degrees too cool and are animal geniuses as demonstrated on an entire "under the sea" mural we chalked on our sidewalk
but these little chicken wings are
girly girls
too.
this first became apparent during their first soccer game when T stood on the field and looked around admiring everyone's cleats saying " i love your shoes", "your pink shoelaces are lovely", "oh! i really like your shoes, too"
so i nearly died when i saw them come out the front door ready for soccer practice in:
cleats, shin guards and sweet cotton sundresses.
then i thought.
"your mom rocks."
and i told her she did.
she said, "oh, we just pick our battles and shorts and a t-shirt aren't worth it."
yeah, that rocks.
it reminded me so much of Pallie when she was a little girl. she loved soccer and she was obsessed with cotton sundresses....I think until like 3rd grade, she wouldn't wear anything but dresses to school. i really did see her in them, only 20 years ago. a cool moment.
{i sure wish i could find a picture of her giant blue eyes, bowl cut and sundress, to prove it!!}
leather and lace
..ruffles and rust
....shin guards and sundresses
i like it.





2 comments:
and I STILL love cotton sundresses
and I wish everyday that I was able to play soccer...I miss it so much
so sweet of you to think of me. love it. love you.
So precious......just like you
Post a Comment