Saturday, October 25, 2008

drinkin' the kool-aid

so Pallie and I have rediscovered kool-aid.
not that we ever really forgot about it, but my old childhood friend has made an appearance.
life is sweet again.

the craving came after a completely pointless convo/squabble with Collin about the best flavor.
grape vs. tropical punch
I don't even remember which one I chose...
...but I'm sure I was right :-)

we stood in the kool-aid aisle in Kroger trying to decide on a flavor,
and laughed out loud remembering the gallon canisters Mom would buy at Sam's when we were kids.
it already had the sugar in it, yes it did.
we would dip our fingers in it, lick and pass the jar to the other kids in the room.
repeat. dip, lick, pass. repeat.

WHY on earth did Mom let this go down??
bless her, I'm sure she was choosing her battles.

well we found these amazing little sugar free packets...
that totally justifies it being a horrible chemically infused colored syrup, right??


so I'm all caught up in enjoying this long-lost childhood treat.
and I grin a little when I see that red stained pitcher.
but there is no denying that this is just my latest attempt in not letting summer go........sigh.

1 comment:

Janie said...

Red dye and sugar never killed anybody with a little common sense. And, do you remember the red fingers that remained through at least one bath? But then, all your friends had red fingers, too...no big thing.