especially when it comes to clever marketing. witty billboards, catchy slogans, cool fonts or a good play-on-words.
I watch a fair amount of tv too.
so naturally, I am a zealous critic of tv commercials. after sacrificing my beloved TiVo, my commercial critiques are aplenty. I loathe many but become a sucker for some.
here are my two latest faves!
*Pallie, spare yourself. you can stop reading here.
(she deals with my nonsense daily)
*make sure your volume is on*
First Up...
Harris Teeter
this little girl. oh my. she stole hearts on "America's Got Talent" and she brings the Harris Teeter faithful to tears with her take of the infamous HT Jingle.
ok. folks around here LOVE their neighborhood HT. they've created a cool culture, but i'm loyal Krogerian (Krogerese? Krogerite?).
And Finally...
BC Powder
"i got sawdust runnin' through my veins". nuff' said.
i ADORE this commerical.
because i "know" that man. and i "grew up" with that kid. thank you BC for not mocking, but highlighting my people: blue-collar, down-home good people.
2 comments:
Of course you love these commercials....little kids and good ole boys.....the only thing missing is a little old man. Interesting the BC commercial is about a logger....Pokey's Dad, Claude Shelnutt, was buried today. Sad.
haha...you're so right mom!
oh, I didn't know he died...sad.
Post a Comment