what has made me smile the biggest:
Pulling into the driveway at Mary Tyler & Steve's new home.
Hugging MT & sharing an identical deep squeeze and grunt of goodness; as if we haven't skipped a beat. Sweet, indeed...those two sure make me smile.
what in retrospect was not smart:
Pulling into a rest stop on I-65 to take a 20 minute nap because I was literally falling asleep while driving.
In the delusional moment it seemed like the right solution:
eyes that won't stay open + driving a car = a quick nap then keep moving.
In a non-sleep deprived rational moment: {embarrassingly, a moment only provoked by Collin freaking out when I told him what I'd done}
you are a naive girl traveling by yourself + you have a nice car filled to the roof with valuables + there are WEIRDOS out there = not the smartest decision, at all.
{guess I need to start actually reading all those annoying, make-you-paranoid, watch-your-back email forwards}
what I realized about the sunshine:
I need it. No really I do. For survival and my sanity, I need it.
It's that whole lack of serotonin thing.
I've been living in this city once known as Nashville, but recently confirmed as Seattle.
...but a Seattle with no Dr. McDreamy
We're talking not one single ray of sunshine in 19 days. seriously.
So, thank you Mr. Artificial-Cancer-Breeding-Overpriced-Light-Contraption {also known as a tanning bed}, you've been a lifesaver.
what a little baby will do:
Fill my heart up to the rim...in an 'I need a fix' kind of way.
{disclaimer: I am, by no means, in the market for a baby...oh dear hay-seuss, no I am not. but I do enjoy lovin' on em}
I took care of a 10 week old baby girl for several hours Thursday night. I couldn't get enough of her. How she smelled, her gummy grin, her big brown eyes captivated by a ceiling fan. I was in heaven. But my arm, my spit-up soaked shoulder and I were all glad to see her mommy ;)
what I can't stop chuckling about:
I found out my Aunt B has a set of four sibling kittens she named INNIE, MINNIE, MINEY and MO. ok, how stinkin cute is that??
what I know is true:
Nothing says Christmas like coming home to a small dinner party complete with fried chicken livers and collard greens?? that's right. that's how we do it here on the farm.
....life is good today
5 comments:
Yay for Mary Tyler and Steve bringing you some extra happiness.
WTF to you stopping to take a 20 minute nap at a rest stop.
Amen to the need for sun.
Hallelujah to the feeling of coming home. Mine doesn't include chicken livers but it does include eating delicious food surrounded by my family.
Great post!
um..if you have come to this town without giving us a call i am going to be... well, hurt
Okay, so maybe you should have taken a small town exit, looked for a church and caught a few zzzzs in the parking lot, but stopping was a wiser choice than going to sleep at the wheel.
Thanks to MT & Steve for brightening your spirits.
The dinner could not have taken place without your help....thanks...and, we would NEVER have chicken livers without you.
WISH IT COULD'VE BEEN A LONGER VISIT!!! Steve says you forgot to make him some CDs (frowny face - and his is the kind that you love to sqeeze)
Ew chicken livers. my dad would be proud though.
Merry Christmas my little nomad.
Merry Christmas Laurel! Hope 2009 is extra good to you!
Post a Comment