Monday, February 16, 2009

danger zone

this economic situation is no joke and has totally rocked my shopping world. so as part of my therapy {in a "hi i'm laurel and i really want to spend money i don't have", kind of way},
here are the few places that are my greatest weaknesses and current danger zones:

oh dear. this store makes my bohemian soul sing.
the clothes, art, interior decor...fabulous & affordable.
...just not today. lol.



Michael's Craft Store: $1.00 Aisle

worse than Target, promise.

i had a serious 10 minute intervention with myself on the dollar aisle today...and the aisle won.


J.Crew Spring Catalogs

i can't even talk about it. *sigh*
and there is a j.crew store 1 mile from my house.

and i want four of everything on every page.


Tablet Hotels

c & i use this site to book ALL of our trips & getaways and it's just as fun to browse for entertainment. it will always be one of my favorite trip planning resources but is pure torture as this spring fever rages and my toes are screaming for sand.

. . . . . . . . . .

ok, i'm soon to be over my materialistic pity party and do realize that i'm a lot better off than many many people, and for that i am thankful...but thanks for humoring me!

what's your greatest guilty pleasure weakness?

4 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

i hate to admit this but... al capone mini cigarillos. i haven't touched a cigarette since before I got pregnant so of course in my mind...im not a smoker... but guiltFULLY I do indulge in mini cigars. soon to stop though. for real this time

Janie said...

Book stores are always a pleasure, not needed often and I can totally over spend easily. Currently, my guilty pleasure is "Crunch n' Munch" or "Fiddle Faddle" the butter toffee variety...$1 a box at Dollar General. I CAN eat the whole box at one sitting. I don't usually, but to be honest, one night I ate every single morsel and didn't even feel guilty.

Searcy Yoder said...

Amen Janie! I think my guilty pleasure is to every now and then spend way too much money on something that is ridiculous and I don't use. AKA the pink tassel pearl snap and really stylish shoes. Even though I don't use them, I LOVE seeing them in my closet. So, it is worth it to me.

Unknown said...

Mexican food (with the special spicy sauce!) and 2 for 1 specials on drafts...yummy and satisfying to the spicy latina that I swear I was in a previous life!