I knew it because I recognized her handwriting {and you know from this post how that makes you feel!}.
It's especially sweet because my mama is in Italy and has been for a week. So I know she left it with my Dad with explicit & detailed instructions to make sure it was in the mail in time to arrive on my birthday or the eve. I bet I can recite the exact conversation & exchange!
He followed directions. And it came today, on the eve.
But in addition to her thoughtfulness, I can't stop smiling over what accompanied her handwriting on the envelope...
Obviously my dad was a bit offended that it was addressed only from "mom" so in his signature handwriting he added "& dad".
...I just love that.
Collin and I had a really fun day and were looking forward to spending the evening at home with Pallie. She walks in the door from work and whatnot with these fun flowers for my birthday eve and in honor of my mom and the labor she was in {haha} this time 26 years ago.
My immediate reaction was " awww, P...thank you! these are just plain happy"
She chuckled and said, "funny, because they are called the 'happy day bouquet'.
so, thanks Dad, Mom & P for a Happy Birthday Eve.
...a happy girl, I am.
4 comments:
Okay, you know how to make me tear up.....fresh make up and all. Thanks so much. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
happy birthday sweet girl! i hope that it is a good one for you :)
my word verification is "lingas" and that work makes me feel kind of dirty.
Happy Birthday Dear! We love and miss you...
MT (+ Steve) he wanted me to add that :)
Yay!!
Happy Birthday La!
Love you miss you love you.
Post a Comment