+summer's here, kinda. and that sunshine fills every inch of my heart spaces.
+i'm busy y'all. busy. busy working. working a lot. and I love every busy moment of it. fun people, rewarding projects, exceedingly positive feedback. business is better than it's ever been. big statement, but true.
+I love a summer thunderstorm, but that water's falling down nearly every day. sigh. rain won't leave this broken town alone. but we're surviving, picking up the broken pieces in a really beautiful way.
+speaking of, the insurance company still holds the fate of my wet car. in short, my thoughts about the whole situation go a little something like this :*&$%#@%#^!?!? it's been an incredible test of my patience and grace; understanding my small inconvenience in the midst of true devastation.
+jamie and anita {two of my favorite people on earth, and I mean it} loaned me their "antiquing" car. it's a clunker, an old suburban like I grew up in. and I love it, I really do. the ever moving gas needle however, I do not love.
+we're heading to the beach, for a week. to Appalachicola, one of my favorite places on earth. collin's whole fam and my parent's will be there too. can't get much better than that.
+I still won't turn our air conditioning completely on yet. I also still don't know why collin keeps living here with me. bless his heart. why in the world does my anti-air conditioning campaign still exists? not sure, but I do know it stems from my childhood...no central heating and air in a century old farmhouse. something about waiting til you can't take it anymore? weird I know. but believe me, when the low electric bill comes, collin forgets he's sitting in his own living room sweating in his underoos.
+the taco truck, mas tacos, parks down the street every Thursday at imogene+willie's. I love it so much. so so much. current taco fave: quinoa, red cabbage, cilantro yogurt, red onions with pineapple cilantro agua fresca to drink. yum.
+I get to smooch on my little drooelypants Campbell on thursday in all her goddaughter goodness. her mama and daddy are alright, too :)
+I have a real love/hate relationship with Facebook. Mostly hate, mainly I can't stop looking at it. today I loved FB more than ever when I read a post by an old homey from highschool who was facebooking his baby mama from jail. classic and delightful.
+went fishing saturday. didn't catch a thing but loved every minute of it. I was too lazy to change my bait that some 12 lb bass ;) nibbled off, so I opted for a sunburn and hour long nap on the back of the boat. it was worth it, so worth it.
+you oughta see my right bicep. you'd probably be jealous, just sayin. 3% credit goes to Jillian Michaels' Shred, the other 97% to a 24 pound-6 month old bundle of ooey gooey that I carry around for hours at a time several days a week.
+oh my, this is going down hill fast: from air conditioning to fishing to baby biceps. if anyone is still reading this awful mess of random, i'm sorry.
...happy day y'all.
3 comments:
24 LBS 6 MONTH OLD??? GOOD GRIEF!!
Those babymamma drama FB updates are indeed classic and delightful. :) I'm sick of the rain too... can I hop in your suitcase and go to Apalachicola, too?!
It's been a while since you updated your blog and I've missed it. We'd love a rain shower here in GA, I can't wait for Apalach, and this whole post made me laugh. THANKS!!
Post a Comment