I am completely inspired and in awe of everything Nashville artist, Mark Tucker does. Just when I think it can't get any better, he features this project. WOW. But when he posted this video, I became completely captivated and still.
{click bottom right to make bigger}
as Mark mentioned in his description by his portrait: Mr. Sherrill is 95 years old, still drives his big Lincoln to the grocery, and still has a strong singing voice. He likes blues songs, but prefers to sing church spirituals. {he asked his neighbor and longtime friend to sing with him during this session}
Mr. Sherrill lives in my neighborhood and as if his face doesn't tell a story enough, I'm tempted to put on a scarf and my favorite purple mittens, take a short walk with two mugs of coffee, knock on the door and just...listen.
1 comment:
I'll happily join you, La. Thanks for sharing! I was unaware of Mr. Tucker's work until now, but I assure you I'm about to make myself well-acquainted.
Post a Comment