Friday, March 29, 2013

it rained. full on downpour.

Speaking of Pallie and those handwritten invites, I also remember sitting through her wedding showers, keeping up with the list of who gave what, not really knowing what every gadget was, when I whispered to my other sister Whitney ..."how will i EVER act excited about a silverware set?!" 

well it's here, my time has arrived... and i was proved wrong in a BIG way.  I had two showers a few weekends ago at home in GA and they were so much fun, humbling & exciting.  I anticipated and partly dreaded the attention; it's an awkward balance of the gratitude vs. guilt in understanding that all these people SHOWED up, for ME?!  but on the trip down there I had that little moment of relief and clairty realizing I would be selling myself short...I needed to appreciate this gracious outpouring of love & soak up every single second.

and so i did. Thankful, is an understatement. Each of the parties were absolutely delightful and my little nest is all the better because of it. Over that weekend I got the most helpful & vital things for my kitchen -- AWESOME pots & pans, corning ware, pyrex, place settings, towels, etc...along with several sweet and fun gifts too. And that ole question of yore quickly became clear --- I was SO DAMN excited to get some silverware!!! {and I got 3 sets ;)}

Pallie took pics the entire weekend and I'm SO GLAD she did.  Fun memories and facial expressions so very "Laurel", {flattering and not} that only a sister can capture in love and spite ;) You'll see. (TO NOTE: it is very weird posting a ton of pics with me in them :/, sorry)

On Saturday my mom's BFF's who have been a part of my life...for my whole life...had a luncheon for me for all my hometown folks at Mrs. Judy's house.  I LOVE girly brunch food -- we had my favorite chicken salad, croissants, broccoli salad, fruit salad, cookies, YUM! then we gathered to open gifts.  

with the hostesses {di isn't smiling because she's either pulling my pony tail behind ms. judy's back or telling a joke! for sure}
DSC_0025

 corning ware is hilarious. so hilarious!!!
DSC_0018 

mom, ms. mickie (who's making my dress!!) & sosie
DSC_0008

i'm such a proper lady. thanks p ;)
DSC_0021

my childhood best friends/sisters/partners in crime!  its amazing how we can pick up like we were hanging out last week. most of my best and only distinct memories from childhood include these girls. mercy, i love it!
DSC_0001
 . . . . . .
On Sunday, Pallie and my sister-in-law Christina threw a shower at Christina & Josh's great new house in Carrollton -- this was for my rowdy fam (the heard girls!, aunts, cousins, friends, etc..) 

It was the loudest shower I've ever been to. Seriously. 
These ladies love to talk. It was awesome. 

 P & C had an adorable spread of "Laurel's Favorite Things" to eat. It was my jam!
DSC_0026

these are the pics pallie lives for me to share. 
knee deep in story telling. shocker. 
16
   8592952309_e84015d186_z  5

bff chikki, aunt becky, cousin grace
DSC_0051

hannah & christina
DSC_0052

how CUTE are these dishtowels?! 
DSC_0034 

gotta framer here: spud, pallie, tater tot, me, 'tina
photo 

ok...all the pics are really gettin weird, but it was such a fun weekend and I got so much neat stuff...can't ya tell??

I got everything i needed and wanted.  it was a great weekend, the weather was amazing, i got a "home" fix and got to see pretty much all my fam.  My heart spaces were FILLED to the brim when I left Monday.  Thanks Gals!!!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE it, I felt kinda like I was there!!!!