Tuesday, August 12, 2008

let the music play.

sitting on my front porch this august day that feels like may. there was music floating through my computer speakers until my neighbor came outside. nope, it's not the typical neighbor disturbance...she came outside and I now have a private concert. she's rocking her baby girl on her front porch swing while her friend is playing the guitar and singing indigo girls to put her to sleep.
welcome to nashville.

so I decided to share with you what music has been flowin through my veins lately...

Zac Brown Band
The Foundation
or download: Chicken Fried, Whatever It Is, Toes in the Sand
a Georgia boy; jam band, folk, bluegrass, country & reggae...Robert Earl Keen meets Bob Marley meets Amos Lee.we saw him last week at a small outdoor concert here...im beyond hooked and in love.



Ray LaMontagne
Trouble
or download: shelter. forever my friend.

his voice is chilling, his songwriting is perfection and his story is unbelievable...good for a long car ride by yourself or an airplane. looking forward to seeing him live in october at the ryman.


Ashton Shepherd
Sounds So Good
or download: takin off this pain. sounds so good.

homegirl is KAWN-TRY- as in every song is about a creek, river, cold beer, shotguns and whippoorwills....but SO much fun to wail along to



Sugarland
Love on The Inside
or download: run. what i'd give. very last country song.

...BEST album yet. incredible songwriting. i STILL want to be her best friend and Collin is absolutely in love with her; we're trying to figure out how to make that work?!


Lucinda Williams
Live at The Fillmore
or download: joy. i lost it. car wheels on a gravel road.

besides the fact that she is an absolute bad-ass and a legend in her own right, this live album captures every emotion of her most popular songs. it's a two-discer and i get lost in it every single time.

4 comments:

Mary Tyler S. said...

I lOVE Ray Lamontagne....

I could hold you, in my arms forever...

Love it, Love it!

momx2 said...

love sugarland. Love a jamband too, gonna have to check have to check him out. Love a ESP quote-yes! Let the music play!!!

momx2 said...

ok, scratch that last comment, it was from my phone and totallyscrewed up my comments!
I meant WSP, and I didnt mean to say check him out twice. Im not crazy, I promise!

Janie said...

Makes me want to go out and buy all these...you know how i love "the words". I love the picture you painted in your first paragraph. I think that you too must be a "wordsmith". Have I told you that before?