Friday, August 1, 2008

six days.

I've been in a funk the last few weeks and while this too will pass, I'll get over it, things will get better and really, in the big scheme of things, life is so good and there is so much to be grateful for. Over a week at home with my mom and dad in Georgia was genuine comfort but I had to get back to life, reality and home sweet Nashville.

So for this week in review I want to acknowledge what may otherwise have seemed like my ordinary life & basic routine...but became extraordinary this week. In these six days friendships, thoughts and chance meetings landed in just the right moments and brought pure goodness and spirit back to my life.

Sunday: easy afternoon drive from Georgia, lost in my music and a great convo with Collin. after 10 days away, I was excited to meet up with our crew at Blue Moon Lagoon for our Sunday afternoon ritual...dirty in an old ball cap & flip flops, good friends & an old friend, easy laughs, on the river, a guy & his guitar.

Monday: Mark's surprise birthday party at Sunset Grille...laughed like I haven't in weeks. Phillip knows me, saw it in my eyes, text sent at 11:58 pm: something's up. my house. tomorrow. see you then.

Tuesday: at Phillip's. amazing dinner on the porch..sunflowers on the table and lanterns in the trees. conversation full of thoughts, vents & raw emotion easily flowed til 2 am. it was like taking deep breath that lasted for hours.

Wednesday: a night with the P-ster. good naps & good workouts, fresh veggies, so you think you can dance..dance..dance. not so sure what I'd do without her in my life right now.

Thursday: thrilled to finally catch up with Jennifer L. then darts, beer & pretzels with my favorite girls. enough said.

Friday: alarm not set to go off until 8:45 am...I woke abruptly at 7:55 am from a horrible dream . I have a text message from Rhonda sent at 7:51 am. She's on her way from yoga to the Frothy Monkey (coffee shop one block from my house)...knows me well enough to know I'm still asleep but tries anyway. Yep, it happened..a much needed chance meeting this Friday morning. Her gmother she's be caring for passed away earlier this week so she's certainly been on my mind and I was anxious to hug her neck. For only 45 mins, we talked, drank coffee and ate skinny muffins.

Now I'm spending the day playing with Charlie B...always a treat.

And flying out tonight to see Collin for several days... ?
sorry, I tried to be clever & consistent but every adequate noun, verb, adjective or description combination I can think of is an understatement...I think you get it by now ;)

my heart is full again, amen.

4 comments:

momx2 said...

Yea for you. Ive been in a funk too this week, long story. Glad you are getting out to see your man! Love ya girl.

Janie said...

Funkville must have been bursting at the seams the last couple of weeks. It must be comforting to know you weren't there alone. Sounds like your thankful basket far outweighed your "oh poor me" basket. Good for you....love to Collin.

Laura Mielke said...

I blame "funkville" on hormones! Glad you are back. Have you read "Eat, Pray, Love" a memoir by elizabeth gilford... im pretty sure she dedicated this book to me and you....

Anonymous said...

My girl...
I know you are enjoying some "Searcy Time" right now but I just wanted to tell you..I know mood is picking up! : > We have many more warm nights to go, cannot wait until you get back. I have plans for Rainier and a few coffee shops. You inspire me, remind me that my life is so full of many people and family that are so truly special that I never have a reason to frown.
Thank you my friend!!!