I don't really know how to say this, or better yet, how to articulate it, but I feel like I have to acknowledge it in the greatest of ways.
tonight I experienced the sweetest of sounds...
stillness.
yes. not silence, but stillness.
...............................................................................
That's how this post started in writing about this evening's experience at home at our farm in Georgia. But my words flowed differently, once again. So this will be random and weird to you readers who weren't actually here and the details aren't clear; but this is how I was able to articulate it...in my own way.
sweet stillness.
yes, that sound.
a silent sound that is silently loud.
peace and clarity.
a breath of fresh air engulfing my soul.
through ebony skies and lowly fog
stars that multiply in each breath I take.
three rockin' chairs, bare feet & red wine.
four mutts, me, mom and dad.
every thing that matters
my world. my lifeline.
a mama cow cries in the distance.
the crickets perform an original symphony.
little black dog at my feet loves unconditionally.
the night evolves
growing older each moment.
moments the moon captures and shares
shares in expression, color and light.
mr. moon's story he shares each night.
thoughts and feelings flow at ease
all the while
my soul finally sings.
sings inside.
sings through my eyes.
my eyes finally shine.
a shine only second
to the glow of the sky.
singing praises for my life.
renewed and revived.
my soul sings, my eyes shine.
at last.
stillness.
pure grace. amazing grace.
how sweet the sound
written in ga 09.07.08
4 comments:
A-friggin-mazing! I wish I was there!
indeed. i must visit this place you speak of. ill bring the wine
I was there....ditto and AMEN!
After this and "filling the void" from Pallie, my heart and eyes are full.
so i already had one of those days where I miss ya'll, miss Losers and miss moments like these to appreciate. This was simply beautiful. In just reading it, I felt a calmness and a stillness.
Thank you.
Post a Comment