Thursday, September 11, 2008

*insert whistle theme song*

aight. confession time.

i love andy griffith.

seriously. he's old. he's cute. he's an american hero. and well, he's matlock AND the sheriff of mayberry for gods sake.

i never watched the andy griffith show much growing up. but tvland got the best of me in college & i caught back to back episodes at midnight.
still do today. most every night before i go to bed.

pallie chuckles on the inside and sometimes on the outside.
but never sticks around to watch with me.

i like the black & white episodes best.
why? who knows.

he's in the new brad paisley video and oh my, he just steals my heart.
mom cries when she sees his wrinkly hands.
we've watched it a time or four.

mr. prince used to always make references to the andy griffith show.
i get it now. i hope i can still relate life in today's world to life in tha 'berry one day too.

i confessed my love at the dinner table the other night.
my mom agreed.
my dad rolled his eyes.
then...
poked out his chest and proceeded to go on for 15 minutes about how everybody in every town, in every court, every juror and spectator asks if he's been on tv before...yep, they think he's matlock.

and he's right. he could be.
it's because they both have a "folkish" style, he said.
true, indeed.
a dying breed. unfortunately.

i'm not a bird fan much.
but if i ever got a parrot,
first thing i'd do is teach him the theme song whistle.
um,huh. sure would.

3 comments:

pallie said...

You're right...Dad is like Matlock, only better!

I do chuckle both inside and outside because I think it is hilarious just how much you love this show. I have only caught an episode or two with you but when I have watched it, it has been incredibly refreshing.

Barney and Andy's stories always remind me of Franklin.

Laura Mielke said...

that video is amazing!!!! i love some brad paisley

Anonymous said...

I miss you!! And I love the fact that you LOVE Andy...who doesn't?
Getting ready to head out west and you know you are still welcome to come...anyday my girl!

We will rent and watch Barney find his bullet all night...PROMISE!
HUGS AND KISSES!!