Tuesday, April 21, 2009

tweet: truce & truth

Dear Backporch Bird Dweller,

I am writing you to discuss the events that took place at approximately 10:53 am CST at our residence on Beechwood Avenue {not sure what our address is in birdy language, "1st flood light to the left of the 3 long leaf pines"?}.

Anyway...

While I am not completely ready to apologize for the actions that took place today, I do hope that you, too, have some regret for the way you treated me. I know you are suffering a great loss, but perhaps it will help you deal with the matter if you understand my side of the story.

As I was innocently doing my household chores today, taking out my recycling and trash, I felt as though when you swooped down and took out my ponytail and rammed into the back of my neck, that not only were you invading my personal space, but you made this once "#1 Big Bird Fan" scream like a banshee, break out in chills, do a dance/stomp/jig mimicking a Native American Pow Wow and almost mess my britches.

Quick Side Note: I do hope you recall that this has not been our only run-in/altercation. Only one week ago you decided to fly into our house and poop on several of our walls after you were frightened by my curdling screams of "bird in the house, bird in the house, bird in the house". But I called a truce, you tweeted "mercy", flew back to your twiggy abode and I thought we were all good.

So, my only reaction was to do what my palpating heart and my bird-phobic momma would do: knock down your stupid, stinky, hairy home.
So I did.
And I cursed you the entire way {in human & tweet talk}.

I'll spare the details that followed involving your three baby birdies that we both witnessed. It is too emotional and grotesque for me to put into words and I don't want to reignite and engrave that vision in your pea sized brain forever. Let's just say, I do kind of regret that there will not be three little birdies learning to fly this spring. Enough Said.

So dear backyard bird dweller, I hope you will accept my side of the story. I do ask that you mourn in private and do not spread false assumptions to your fellow furry creatures that I am nothing more than a crazy lady with a broom, silly dance and a piercing scream. And if it's any consolation, do know that I have been reamed and ripped apart by both Pallie & Collin about my interference with Mother Nature and that I will undoubtedly pay for this, I will.

Although I certainly welcome understand your choice to move to the next yard, street or neighborhood over, I hope that you and the Mrs. are able to move on literally peacefully.

Fondly,
Laurel

5 comments:

Janie said...

Okay, I have tears streaming down my face because this is the funniest damn thing I have heard in a very long time.....hyyyyyssssterical!!! I love the post!!!! Stupid birds.

Kat said...

aaaaaahahhahahahahahhahahah!!

Absolutely hilarious!

The only sad thing about this is that I was not there to witness the dance and screaming after the bird decided to attack....and of course the fact that you murdered 3 inoccent little birds to be.

This really made me laugh!

p.s. when are we going to have a reunion?

And I promise i will post soon.

love ya

Anonymous said...

OMG. Enough said. I can hear Pallie now so I know there is no need to lecture you ;) Too funnnnnnnyyyyy! We have 2 momma birds living in our hanging baskets outside our front door but I'm happy to announce they keep to themselves. I'll warn them not to bother you when you come over... HA!

pallie said...

I've already said enough...

Now you have to live with the guilt of killing 3 innocent animals. Sad.

Laura Mielke said...

Thank You PALLIE. I was reading everyone else's pats on the back and thinking she killed three birds and left one homeless! Did you ever stop to think that maybe this bird is blind and can't help flying into homes and heads... gaaah. SAD. you just ruined my night