I went home to Georgia for my birthday weekend...and man was it good, so so good.
collin, lindsay and I loaded up on Friday for a long weekend away and on the farm. my mama pulled out all the stops, oh yes she did.
After a good ole late night catch-up on Friday night, we woke up early on Saturday morning and went to Zumba {a story in itself}. But when we got back home, with no time to shower, only a quick change...I was greeted with this:
...the start to my birthday scavenger hunt. I mentioned here that I was kinda obsessed with turning 27 on the 27th and well let's just say my mama played into that well.
This bright green sign was the start to a 27 part riddle and scavenger hunt...my mom {along with josh's help} came up with 27 different locations and clues, all that rhymed and led me to a different place on the farm that I had to figure out. Each spot had a gift {everything from twenty-seven dimes to a new table I've been wanting}, wrapped individually {with a bow!} and attached to it was the next clue.
twenty-seven different places...the clues were hilarious and extremely clever.
for example:
+"dad wears a suit when there's a case on the docket, find a gray one with a bulging pocket" +"one of your favorite things can't be denied, go find your favorite farm ride"
+ "Janie's a rock star, Mayhayley's a haint, go to the creeksie home of the 'saint' " <--you family members will love this one, I know.
see? told ya. pretty awesome.
needless to say, it was a trip and a workout!
annnddd it took four hours, y'all.
...including a lunch break.
but I don't think I ever stopped smiling
ever.
josh, mom, lindsay and collin were such fun troopers {dad joined up around clue #18}
they walked/rode around with me the entire hunt and we really made the most of it with lots of laughs, live strolling music and a sore rear and feet to show for it all!
we went from hay barns and bathrooms...
to old classic cars and tree stumps...all with a rhyme & reason.
we walked to the cabin....
and back...
twice {clues upstairs and downstairs}: here I'm loving my seasoned cast iron skillet from a clue that did, indeed, include "uphill and roadkill"...
...and josh strolled along playing non-stop tunes everywhere we went
I had to climb over a fence to get in the tack house...
and into the dump truck for another clue...
we realized early on that this hunt did a serious "zig zag, back and forth" so the whole walking shtick was for the birds. instead we all just loaded up in the truck to get to places that weren't as close.
...like aunt becky + uncle who's house {also aunt b + uncle o's & dot's cabin}
Now the clue to get me to Josh's workshop was one of my favorites: "you love chicken livers, but not so much the gizzard, where will you find the woodworking wizard?"
...and my final clue led me here, to the front end loader, of course: "it pushes dirt, holds beer and grads roads, in it you'll find the last of your load"
I mean really?!
can y'all believe this? so planned out, so sweet, so fun, so thoughtful.
I still can't really get over it.
but wait, there was more.
by the time we finished we had to gear up for the big party.
yes there was more....
mom invited my favorite people: Nikki, Jared and baby Annesly, Boogerbear & Hannah, Ms. Dianne & Mr. Donnie, then Aunt Becky & Uncle Who and Aunt B & Uncle O...
and cooked up one of my favorite meals.
it was a crowd. and man it was fun!
I had a hard time taking it all in but it was truly an incredibly special day!
thanks mom! dad, josh and all you Sneaky McSneakersons who kept the secrets!
*and thanks to Linds for all the pics!
3 comments:
You are so very welcome, La. It was my pleasure and so much fun for me, too. Loved. loved, loved having you, Collin and Lindsay here!!!
Janie, you are by far a rock star! What a special day!!
Wow, I see where you got your creativeness and oh so many wonderful qualities from...Mrs. Mama Janie:)
I love the pics...I would recognize that front porch view from anywhere.
I love how Josh followed ya'll with music everywhere you went...kinda reminds me of "Something about Mary" where the singing group is always there, like in a tree or something. Quite funny:)
Post a Comment