It's November already. Already. Like that silly summer I spoke about that slipped away, I feel like my beloved fall has done the same. With an October filled a whirlwind of emotions and events that came and went so quickly, we entered the first day of November with comfort and thrill. We woke up at my farm in Georgia and ended up in Nashville at one of the best shows I've ever been to. Ever. Those are big words for me.
Mumford & Sons, oh my.
wow wow wow. Check these guys out if you don't know them already. A little over a year ago they were nothing more than this quirky band my brother found at a festival and now they're selling out shows all over the world. They appeal to every age, every taste, everyone. Treat yourself...
The last day of October, didn't come with costumes, treats or tricks, jack-o-laterns, bats or goblins this year....and it was kind of a relief. I realized how much pressure and work {that I totally put on myself} it becomes to really "do" the holiday thing. But we packed up our bags and our work and spent five days in Atlanta for Collin's cousin-who's-like-his-brother's wedding. It was beautiful, sweet and a wonderful celebration. No pictures from the occasion, bad I know, but so many funny stories and good times are embedded in my mind. However, I sit here chuckling loving that the memory that comes to my mind over and over about the trip was when we got stuck in standstill traffic on the interstate for over an hour. We played good ole hangman {Halloween themed} on the back of receipts and scrap paper and gum dispensers. It was hilarious and challenging and he didn't beat me this time (!!)...we tied after what seemed like 4,283 games. It's the little things, I guess.
And well November, you've welcomed me this week with a return to early morning exercise that hurt so good. It's been a while and I felt it, ugh. But powering through 50 degree weather and chilly rain, I'm glad I didn't talk myself out of it and curl up back under the sheets. I'm starting a new class at a new gym tomorrow and I'm pumped. I'm ready to start feelin better, a little less jiggly and a lot stronger. {just in time for me to devour thanksgiving dinner, yikes}.
November already...and I'm ready. Looking forward to a easy going schedule with a little less traveling and giving thanks already. Thankful for a 25 year old Thanksgiving tradition that I couldn't imagine a November of my life without.
And well November, you've welcomed me this week with a return to early morning exercise that hurt so good. It's been a while and I felt it, ugh. But powering through 50 degree weather and chilly rain, I'm glad I didn't talk myself out of it and curl up back under the sheets. I'm starting a new class at a new gym tomorrow and I'm pumped. I'm ready to start feelin better, a little less jiggly and a lot stronger. {just in time for me to devour thanksgiving dinner, yikes}.
November already...and I'm ready. Looking forward to a easy going schedule with a little less traveling and giving thanks already. Thankful for a 25 year old Thanksgiving tradition that I couldn't imagine a November of my life without.

2 comments:
The last two lines got me. And....it absolutely will happen.
M&S is awesome. I am so thankful for you and our friendship. Give my love to Mama Janie.
Post a Comment