Tuesday, April 15, 2008

justification...

As I am obviously intrigued and curious about this "blogosphere" phenomenon....my hesitation in joining the blogger world went something like this, "seriously, how many more 'social networks' can we be a part of until we are choked by this contamination of curiousity, pretention and mindlessness?"

I have only succumb to Facebook (but have mastered MySpace stalking on behalf of a few relationship challenged girlfriends) and am positive I would be horrified to know how many mindless minutes I spent on that one particular "social network".

Pallie and I are making a conscious effort to have TV Free Days...everyday. Which means the TV is off during the day and we only turn it on at night to watch our shows (errrr...or well sometimes at 4pm if there is a good Oprah on!). I work out of our house and she spends chunks of her time here studying and doing schoolwork, however we both seemed to come to a great epiphany one day as to how much time we lose as we get lost in daytime tv. Sure, it's easy to justify having the tv on for "white noise" until you realize an hour has gone by and all you can show for it is holding your "rock and roll" fingers up after watching Rock of Love reruns or sympathy pains from two back to back Baby Story's on TLC.

While we aren't completely weaned off of no noise, popping in a Bonnie Raitt or Corey Smith CD on repeat has cured that....and our attentiveness and productivity is incredibly better. amazing, huh? it's sad really.

I can't escape the grips of this dear ole Dell, as it is the primary communication for my business and ultimately my livlihood...but I figure I can at least channel this new found satisfaction of productivity and clarity through online journaling....thus the birth of my blog.

OK...so now that I have justified this "social network, but not"...I'm off to the front porch (sans computer) to enjoy the sunshine.

simplicty always wins.


here's to blogging....cheers!

2 comments:

Mary Tyler S. said...

(sans computer) that is so you. Welcome to the blogosphere LA! Looking forward to listening to your thoughts which I have missed for a while. Much love...

Laura Mielke said...

GENIUS! One would NEVER know you had any reservations about blogging... you are a natural!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I will also add you as a link on my page. Feel free to check up on Nick's blogs... his are pretty funny.

I am thrilled you joined. Keep it up... don't burn out. Just let it come naturally!

XOXO