Tuesday, April 22, 2008

greenpeace?...greenplease!


I had an amazing several days out west with Collin...it's hard to get back in the swing of things, that's for sure. I have no pictures (of course) and could bore you and make you wanna gag with details of our amateur rock star lifestyle, but I'll spare you and share this...

I do like Arizona okay. I appreciate the mystery of the desert, the interesting mountain formations, the open terrain and the rich culture that has cultivated and is nurtured there. However, after many many trips to AZ the last several months, it never fails that I leave there so grateful for:

trees, grass, all things alive, anything green, flowers, bugs for the flowers, pastures, creeks, real lakes, vegetation, pollen, bushes, leaves on trees, rain, wildflowers, weeds, even allergies....
(i could go on and on, but you get the idea)

The "brown-ness" really bums me out. Everything is sand color. Every house. Every building. Everything. C says it gets old quickly and he certainly misses the natural "life" here, but he spends 92% of his time on the finest golf courses in the country, so he gets his fix I guess...punk.

So, even though my grass has to be cut, weeds need to be pulled and allergies have gotten the best of me already...I wouldn't trade living in the south for all the turquoise and tamales in the world!

*edited to note: it is totally ironic that I posted this on Earth Day, ha! I didnt even know it was E-Day until I turned on the tv tonight. Now go change all your light bulbs, start recycling and stop using plastic bags at the grocery store. Thanks!

4 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

Collin needs to start a blog and name it "turquoise and tamales". P.S. Zyrtec is OTC now, I have been taking it every night before bed now for a year and it has changed my life. I recommend it to EVERYONE. questions about it call/text me

Janie said...

WOW! I thought the poem was wonderful, and now this piece.....equally as moving. You, too, are a word smith. I guess it must run in the family.

Mary Tyler S. said...

Happy Earth Day! I need you to call me so I can give you the details about the Cloverbrawl extravagana...miss and love...

Laurel said...

hey mama!
thanks for posting...I know dad claims he is a "certified" wordsmith, but 38,294 crossword puzzles later, you've totally got him beat ;)