it all started on friday evening with a grinnin n' pickin back porch party at a fabulous horse farm out in franklin hosted by lindsay mcm. this biggest shame is that there are ZERO pictures from this night. oh the shame! but it consisted of kabobs on the grill at an obscenely late hour, fiddles & guitars, mandolins & bongo drums. lots of laughs, fireworks, adult and baby pop-pop's, and a sandwich making party in preparation for an early morning launch on the Floatin' Front Porch.
that's right. Collin & I have a new toy in town. a 16 seater pontoon boat that has affectionately been dubbed the floatin' front porch.
we loaded her up with fourteen our favorite people {many clad in their best jorts & cut off airbrushed shirts}, bologna & cheese sandwiches, enough beverages to float the boat and the darn cutest captain around.
we stayed out all day. and i mean all day. we rode and floated. we sang and danced. we laughed a lot. and we couldn't have asked for better weather. breezy. no humidity. simply perfect.
we ended the night with a cookout at our house that consisted of over 60 pieces of smoked meat. and chips. <---- yes. i left it up to two fine gentlemen to plan this menu. fortunately, there are NO picutures from this night, but rest assured a good time was had by all and we turned in early. one of the best fourth of july's ever. no really, it was. happy birthday america.
4 comments:
It looks like you guys have one helluva time! Glad Searcy could make it up to Nashville.
It is funny/weird to see Bubbs with a shirt off, hanging out on a boat...just not an image I would have ever conjured myself.
Wish we could have been there! You guys definitely had more fun than we did but I'm not hatin'.
Miss you!
i want to go back to this weekend....now
Looks like you guys had an awesome weekend!
I'm so glad to see pictures!!! How much fun!!! I'm sad we missed out ALL weekend but as life would have it we were SO busy. Can we please have an afternoon out on FFP soon?! I hope everyone still likes us ;)
Post a Comment